I am so excited - I finally made a new card! I have a small pile of new supplies from the new catalog and I have been thinking about what I wanted to do with some of the new stamp sets and finally tonight I got a chance to stamp. So far I have only received two of the new sets I ordered, and the one I used tonight is called Because I Care, and it is a beautiful new Hostess Set in Level 1. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower, so I was very excited to get this. I also ordered the new pack of DSP called Greenhouse Gala so that was what I decided to use for my card. When I opened the pack of DSP I saw this piece that is blue with a flower on it - and because it reminded me of the color of a hydrangea - I wondered how it would look to stamp the flower onto the DSP and thus add the color to my flower. I was actually amazed at how great it worked. I don't always have the patience to color something that has as much detail as this flower and I really feel the color contrasts in the piece of DSP provide the highlights in the flower that you are looking for. When the flower turned out so well, I decided it would be best to just stamp the leaves on a piece of green DSP also. Now I need to find a pretty piece of purple DSP so I can make purple hydrangeas also! I hope you like the card!
- Stamp Sets: Because I care
- Ink: Basic Black
- CS: Whisper White, Baja Breeze
- DSP: Greenhouse Gala
- Ribbon: Organza Ribbon
- Punches: Large Oval, Scallop Oval
- Accessories: Circle Cutter
- Stamp the flower with black ink - right onto the piece of DSP and then cut out very close to the stamped edges. Below you can see a picture of the piece of DSP I stamped it on - can you believe that created such a beautiful hydrangea? The paper I used for the leaves is the same piece that you see on the background of the card!
*All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2011. These samples are original designs by Connie Tumm. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. If you are a Stampin'Up! demonstrator and you use my desgins for inspiration - please link back to the original design if you are posting on the internet.