Today is the day I will be traveling home from convention and this is the last of the swaps that I will be sharing! I did one swap for the Holiday Mini catalog items, and this is the card I made. I was so excited to try the new Festive Flurry Framelits and even more excited to try out the Expressions Thinlits Dies. As you can imagine - it was a bit of a challenge getting those words out of the dies. I was having stamp class one night and a few of my stampers were in the room while I was playing with this - and I am sure they will be proud of me for sticking with it because I considered scrapping the idea. The first few times I tried to cut the words out, things were just not working but luckily I figured out some things to make it work better and I managed to cut out 30 words! Here are my tips I want to share,
1. Dust your die with the embossing buddy
2. Lay the die the long way on the multipurpose platform, not across it. I didn't use the magnetic pad for this since I was just cutting it out of cardstock, nothing to line up!
3. I had to use 2 cardstock shims
4. There are little holes on the back of the die that you can use to poke it thru with your piercing tool, that help in getting it out.
5. I used 2 way glue to put the words down on the card, that seemed the least messy option!