I am here in Wisconsin - getting ready for a fun weekend of stamping. On Saturday Stampin'Up! is hosting a Regional Seminar here in Milwaukee, and I am so excited to get to attend the event, and hang out with the girls in my downline. The thing I am the most excited about is the shoebox swap we will be having this evening. I will be stamping and eating with 40+ girls who are all members of either my upline or downline. We are lucky to have such an amazing group of stampers in the Seasoned Stampers and Stampin' Circle groups and hopefully some of the girls will give me the okay to post their cards on the blog after the event is over! Currently I am at the home of my upline (and best friend) Susan Gardner. Yesterday I stamped all day because I have been so disorganized the last couple of weeks I didn't get my cards made and not only that - I found I didn't follow any of the directions Susan had sent out for the swap. I am in so much trouble - I made my cards with things I wasn't supposed to and she has been yelling at me like crazy!
I am going to share a couple of cards today - and hopefully I will have a bunch more to share later. I asked Susan if she had any cute cards around the house that we could put on the blog and she pulled a few things out for me to look at - and when I say a few - I am not kidding - she handed me four cards and said "this is it". So I picked my favorite of the four - which I really liked - and I will share that with you now!
- I will post the supply list later because Susan Gardner does not have a single Stampin'Up! Catalog in her house - and unfortunately I won't remember the names of everything she used to make this - but isn't it cute!
The next card I am going to share to day is the card I made to swap at the Regional so if you are one of my blog followers and you get this card - you have just met me!!
- Stamps: Elements of Style from the new Mini!
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette (it's coming back!)
- CS: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Confetti White
- Ribbon: Pretty in Pink Grosgrain
- Punches: Modern Lable
- Accessories: Daubers and Pretty in Pink Marker
- I cut out a mask for sponging these flowers - which turned out to be a great way to color them. It is a bit time consuming to make the mask but well worth it - it will last a long time. Just stamp your big flower stamp on a piece of typing paper, cut out the flowers you want to be able to dauber. I daubered them with Pink Pirouette and then added some accent color with the Pretty in Pink Marker.
Okay ladies that is all for now. This afternoon Susan and I are going to spend a couple of hours with Sarah Schueler - who is in my downline. She has the most fabulous stampin place - I will see if I can take some pictures!